Who doesn't love The Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky?
I felt very lucky when I had the opportunity to watch this ballet with my older daughter at the beautiful Hungarian State Opera. It was on Christmas Day. We were very excited because Sophie has never seen a ballet performance before. In front of the Opera House we saw a violinist walking toward the building. I told Sophie that she will play for us today on her music instrument during the ballet. The musician heard me when I was talking, turned over with a smile and wished us a good time.
We went into the Opera and really enjoyed watching the ballet dancers perform. After the first intermission I was showing Sophie where the orchestra is sitting when "our" violinist came up to my daughter with a big smile. "Merry Christmas!"- she said and gave her a small chocolate. She was very nice to Sophie and I think Sophie will never forget this nice morning.
If you are planning to travel to Budapest I really recommend visiting the Hungarian State Opera House. The best opportunity is to watch a ballet or an opera performance one evening. During the day you can find guided tours of this gorgeous building.


No comments:
Post a Comment