Friday, June 27, 2014

Be awake, a bear is coming


You will think I am kidding. NO. If you are going to hike or camp in the Sierra Nevada Mountains (in the US) you can meet bears.


We have met them a couple of times in Yosemite National Park and in Sequoia National Park. The first  time, when we just recently moved to the States we decided to camp in Yosemite National Park with our 7 month old Sophie. Our parents thought we are out of our minds. I didn't share their fear until the first night, when I heard a bear shaking a food locker. When you are camping in a place where bears live you have to lock all of your foods and toilet ries in a special food storage where bears can't eat them.


That weekend was Easter that year and when I heard this terrible noise (how the bear shooke the storage) it occurred to me that we had a chocolate Easter bunny in our car where we tried to fall a sleep. Oh my gosh!
I was terrified as a "mother bear" could have been if she felt a danger. I just lost my mind and couldn't think about anything else other than what I could do if the bear wants to eat my baby. This is of course totally idiotic because black bears don't eat human beings. It nothing has happened that time and never after that either. The following day we were seeing lots of bears. But I have to tell you the truth. I like watching them better during the day when we are awake, and if we need we have the possibility to run away.




No comments:

Post a Comment