I love skiing - I have to tell this all the time- but I haven't yet started teaching my little one (2.5 years old) how to. Instead of skiing I wanted to go sledding and playing in the snow with her this year.
We stayed in South Lake Tahoe for 2 nights during the school winter brake in February. Sophie was skiing with my husband and I wanted to have some fun time with Lili. One of the closest sledding spots was on the Nevada side at Spooner Summit.
We were the only ones there on that morning and Lili wanted to play in the snow instead of sledding. But this is a free, small, nice spot if you would like to spend an hour sledding with your kids. There are also many nice hiking trails.
![]() | |
| There is some great picture to explain why is Nevada dry and California doesn't |
![]() |
| She was super excited to touch the snow |
Before we said "Good bye!" to the lake we went together to a very cool place, called Adventure Mountain.
We spent one and half hours sledding in this nice place. It costs 20 $/family but I think it's worth it. You can rent or buy a sled/snow tube.
![]() |
| "It's fun!" |
Here are two other places to go sledding:
Incline Village Snow Play Area
Hansens Resort Snow Tubing and Saucer Hill







No comments:
Post a Comment