Monday, January 28, 2013

Skiing in Austria



Everybody is skiing in our family. Actually I am a ski instructor and I always taught kids how to learn ski before I had my own two children so we decided to travel from Hungary to Austria to ski and to show our older daughter how much fun this sport is.

We choose one of the closest resorts to the border called Stuhleck. There aren't as many slopes as elsewhere but they're good enough to introduce a winter sport to a kid. I also decided not to teach my own child in the beginning, because I think it is better to learn at this age with other children together.



We spent 4 days in Austria. There are a lot of small family friendly B&Bs where you can stay and the locals are very hospitable.

The snow wasn't too good, the slopes were icy, but we enjoyed the fresh air and the freedom that skiing can give you if you are coming fast from the top of the hill.
But the most important thing was that our Sophie just loved to ski! At the third day she used the small ski lift alone and she was coming down turn with wedgies.




(4 days- 2012. December)

No comments:

Post a Comment