Friday, January 24, 2014

Riding A Motorcycle In Bali


When we arrived at this small Indonesian island we were pretty excited but also exhausted. I have  never been to Asia before, especially not with kids. :)

Our friends who visited this island before suggested not renting a car but having a guide as a driver. We didn't know that the traffic is so crazy in Bali and not only is the traffic very bad but they are driving really crazy.
Our driver, JJ
To get from the airport to our rented house took about an hour because the car just couldn't go faster than 5 mph (8 km/h). When we finally arrived at our house we realized we don't have anything to eat so my husband asked our driver JJ to get him to a store meanwhile my kids started to be excited to use the beautiful pool.


I searched for their swimsuits and realized I can't find them because we forgot one bag at the airport. Oh, my God! How will we find it and how can we go back to pick it up???  My husband just came back and I told him what happened. We asked JJ if he could drive him back to the airport. In 5 minutes the driver came back with his motorbike. 


That was my husband's first motorbike ride. Can you imagine? We didn't know our driver very well yet (after a few days he became a friend). He was driving his scooter like anyone in Bali. There are no lanes just lots of cars, motorbikes and bicycles crossing in front of each other. JJ didn't want to spend the entire evening in traffic so he was very fast. His long hair was all over my husbands face.... :)  They survived and even brought back the big suitcase too on the scooter.

I had to drink to that the next day. :)

Me with a coconut over my covered sleeping baby


No comments:

Post a Comment