Friday, October 11, 2013

San Francisco 1.



San Francisco is the leading financial and cultural center of Northern California and the San Francisco Bay Area. The population is just 825,863 which is a very few to compare to New York city where 8.337 million people live. But the city is much smaller than N.Y. If we look at ppopulation density it is the second most densely settled large city after New York City. (The population is greater than 200,000.)



If you are planning to visit San Francisco the best time to come is during Spring or Fall but definitely not during the Summer. The Summer is very chilly and foggy there.


We are living one hour from this nice city. I can say we visit it a lot. We never have to make a 3 or 4 days "what to do" plan, because we always can go back.

My Favorite Things in San Francisco

  • Walking at Fisherman's Warf


    If you take a nice walk a along the piers make sure you will try to eat crab if it is season. It is delicious. But be careful, because the seagulls like them too and they will try to grab a few bites from your food.

    Harbor seals resting at Pier 39.

  • Take a cruise under the Golden Gate Bridge



You can find a lot of companies who are offering a many trips. Here is one for example from the Red and White Fleet. If the weather is not foggy you will have a beautiful view to the island of Alcatraz and to the city. It takes around 1.5 hour.


Alcatraz

Bay Bridge
  • Take in the view from Twin Peaks (if the fog is not too bad)


Twin Peaks is one of the best spots to catch the sunrise in San Francisco.


  • Visit a nice Beach
China Beach

We found a very nice view of the Golden Gate Bridge at China Beach. The water in the bay is really cold at this spot. It is around 55 Fahrenheit (12 Celsius).

  • Visit a museum

Legion of Honor

Last weekend we visited the Legion of Honor Museums Fine Arts of San Francisco. When I was a kid I always went to some museums with my favorite grandma. I have so many nice memories of them. I have to tell you it is not easy to train young kids how to behave in a museum. They want to do everything else except looking at the paintings and sculptures. But I decided not to give up. I kept telling stories about paintings and asked several questions about them. I hope my daughters will later have somer nice memories too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment